Tuesday, 1 October 2013

Tuesday Links.

First of all I have to tell you all some big news in my family, my little sister, the amazing prairie photographer Lyndon Lane, went to New York with her high school sweetheart and he proposed to her during a walk in Central Park. I couldn't be happier for her, I love the guy! :)

The bottom "AAAA"s are from me haha



Okay now for the links. 



Why Pussy Riot's Nadezhda Tolokonnikova has gone on a hunger strike. Wow, brutal. (article)

My friend Chris Hold has made himself a Facebook page. He was an apprentice at my work years ago and is noy w seriously killing it in Vancouver. It's amazing to have been able to watch his transition. I have one of the first tattoos he ever did on my arm. (Facebook page)

If Monty Python and the Holy Grail were marketed today. (video/article)

What would really happen if an astronaut floated off into space. (article)

21 genius Larry David-isms for dealing with people. Larry David is my people. (article)

I love this apartment. If I lived alone this would be a dream. (photos)

41 reasons why pugs are the most majestic creatures on earth. (gifs)

Deadly lake turns animals into statues. (article)

7 pieces of freaky airport art. I'd like to see that O'Hare neon installation. (photos) I kind of love the dinosaurs in the Calgary airport. 

Peru makes writing a spectator sport and invites desperate writers into combat. (article)

What a glorious dog name. (photo)

Insane restaurant shitshow stories shared on Reddit. (article)

A tiger jumping for some food. (gif)

How to get flat abs, have amazing sex and rule the world in 8 easy steps. Not what you think. (article)

The awkward years project. Yeah I could definitely add to this project with some stories and photos of my own...(Tumblr)

The weirdest things about America, according to an Indian student. (article)

The habits of supremely happy people. (article)

8 ways to stay cold free this fall. Except they forgot the most important thing...CROSS CONTAMINATION IS HOW YOU GET GERMS. Wash your hands, don't touch your face, look out for airborne germs in saliva, coughs, sneezes, etc. (article)

A long night in the cheapest hotel in Manhattan. (article)

The problem with volunteer tourism. (article)

I use small barriers to avoid kooks. Sometimes you have to! (article) Related: why successful people don't want to mentor you. (article)

The short and sweet guide to video interviews. (blog post)

Harsh writing tips from great authors. (article)

How do you change a bro-dominated culture? (article)

Corey Feldman's birthday party seems kind of sad to me, like a 13 year old boy thought of it. (photos, blog post)

16 bit Breaking Bad RPG. (video)

20 things I learned in North Korea. (blog post)

Portraits of retired cheerleaders. (photos)

What people really look like. (article)

An all black house. (photos)

I'm not Batman. (gif)

A letter from Jack Thompson, advocate against gaming violence. (photo)

Ashley's kids had some terrible Halloween costume ideas. haha (blog post)

101 travel tips. (list)

What should you read next? Ask the Book Seer. (website)

Animal Development: We're Just Tubes! All these crash course in Biology videos are awesome, watch them if you've got hours to kill sometime. "So animals, they come in all shapes and sizes and like, smartnesses and ... things" hahahaha (video)


Caitlin,Gala, Kellie, Danielle, Rookie and Sarah Von.

No comments:

Post a Comment