Wednesday, 15 January 2014

READING IN 2014 - Book 2 - THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green


Usually when the internet recommends something to me I take the recommendation with a grain of salt because the internet also recommended Twilight and Fifty Shades of Grey. I just kept hearing about this one, it's always on people's top 10 lists, it's everywhere. So I finally gave it a shot and am so glad I did.

This book is fantastic. Straight up super sad and super real. 9.5/10 only because I feel weird saying 10/10. It's a fairly quick read and very engaging. Bring tissues.

The basic gist of the plot is that two teenagers meet in a cancer support group and fall in love even though they both know they're sick and their love probably won't last forever because they could die at any time. It sounds so cheesy to write it out like that but it's really a funny sweet book. Give it a chance, I bet you'll start to care about the protagonist Hazel within the first few pages.

And hey, read it before the movie comes out!! It's one of those books that could be totally cheesed up to the max by making it into film, don't let that be your first impression of this lovely story.


No comments:

Post a Comment