Wednesday, 19 February 2014

a vlog for Suzy




If you're not following my internet friend Suzy, you should. She wants to get to know us all better so there's like, a bunch of people I guess who are going to do video blogs and answer some questions and link up here.

I expressed my trepidation at the thought of talking to my laptop camera and Suzy was kind enough to say I don't have to make a video if I really don't want to. And I went into this thinking I was just going to type out my answers. But I don't know, I changed my mind and faced my fears of being totally awkward on camera. For nearly 14 minutes. Sorry.

To be fair the last like, minute and a half is me trying to get Tank to roll over for a treat and then being a huge dork. Anyway, let's get this over with, shall we? 

Here are the questions:


1. What makes you laugh?

2. What made you become a blogger?

3. Do you have any regular features on your blog? If not, why not and if so, why do you do them?

4. What is one piece of advice that has stuck with you?

5. What inspires you when writing blog posts?

6. Aside from being fantastic at blogging, do you have any other hidden talents/party tricks?

7. What are your top tips for first time vloggers/bloggers?

8. If you’d had to get a tattoo at eleven years of age, what would it have been?

9. What is the story behind your blog name/username?

10. How do you think you’d react if your blog ever appeared on Get Off My Internets?

11. Tell us about a teacher who has had a big influence on your life (doesn’t have to be an actual school teacher).

12. If you could give a message to anybody who isn’t here right now, what would it be?


and here are my answers.




Some notes on this video:

  • 00:54 - This is laddergoat.
  • 1:05 - This is the turkey video.
  • 2:20 - Here's a link to all my links posts.
  • 2:32 - The "thing" I'm talking about is Blogger. haha
  • 2:50 - Here's a link to my what I'm reading posts.
  • 2:59 - Um it's the 19th actually haha
  • 4:19 - My hair is still wet from the shower so I'm fiddling with it a lot and it's really noticeable right around here, sorry! It's not lice or something though, just wet hair.
  • 4:40 - yes that is a digeridoo, a pile of blankets and a mess of cords. I should have thought of a better location to do this video.
  • 4:50 - "mole - skeen" I have no idea how to actually pronounce that word.
  • 8:10 -  The mirror effect on a webcam always confuses me.
  • 11:29 - can you see my face drop here? I tried not to go all sad but it still came out. :(
  • 12:00 to the end - Seriously isn't my dog lazy? Usually I don't let him get away with not rolling all the way over but he was too near the couch.

And ... yeah. I have some outtakes. Talking to a camera is weird.




Do you want to join in on the fun? Make a video, post it on your blog and link up here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment