Sunday, 29 June 2014

I went to a Scott Weiland show for FREEEE


Ryan, the radio contest-caller-inner extraordinaire that he is, won two free tickets to see Scott Weiland for last night. I was like "I...guess we could go, you know, for a laugh. And nostalgia."

I was expecting a total trainwreck. I don't know why, I guess I was just remembering '90s era STP Scott Weiland. You know, this guy, only aged really poorly. And I was worried he'd take his shirt off and look like a worse Iggy Pop.


Well, once the band started playing I actually felt really guilty for thinking like that. Dude has still got it. He sings better now than he did then I think, the band was tight, they did Stone Temple Pilots stuff, Velvet Revolver stuff and new stuff too...and a really good cover of Jean Genie.

And of course the ubiquitous megaphone came out a few times. 
Roll man, roll man roll. 



Weiland was well dressed, hilarious, and really charismatic on stage as well. And oh my god you guys, the dance moves. We had to leave before the show was over so Ryan could make it to work by midnight and I didn't want to go!

The song I was most stoked to hear was Big Bang Baby. I totally forgot that song existed until they played it and I still knew every word. We watched most of the show from right up at the front of the stage. Rad.

Here's the song ... I still love it.


You can click here to see my 10 second instagram video of the show. All you 90s goths will recognize that song from The Crow soundtrack, haha. So anyway we were very pleasantly surprised, and I would recommend giving a Scott Weiland concert a go if you get the chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment