Monday, 30 June 2014

Reading in 2014 - Book Eighteen - The Spectacular Now by Tim Tharp






Okay so I really loved this book and read it obsessively on every bus ride, coffee break and free moment until I finished it...in 24 hours!

It's the story of a teenage alcoholic in total denial, his relationships with his friends and girlfriends and his philosophy of "embracing the weird", living in the moment.

This book came out in 2008 and the dialogue and cultural references are mostly on point right now, but might feel dated in five or ten years. It does make mention of MySpace though, which was weird.

Anyway I absolutely recommend this book and give it a big fat  

9.5/10

This story actually kind of reminded me of one of my favorite books, Generation X by Douglas Copeland.







It's a movie! Who knew?! I want to see this now that I love the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment