Friday, 27 June 2014

Reading in 2014 - book sixteen - Hollow City by Ransom Riggs



Hollow City is the sequel to the book Miss Peregrine's Home For Peculiar Children, which I loved. I also loved this one.

My only caveat is that you basically must have read the first book recently, because it just continues on as though it's one book. It doesn't remind you about who anybody is or what has happened. It's been over a year since I read Miss Peregrine's, and at a few key moments in this story I was a bit lost and felt like I was missing something because I couldn't remember what had happened exactly.

That being said, it's still a great story and like the first book, uses (manipulated) vintage photographs to illustrate the story which  makes these unbelievable "peculiar" characters more believable. Maybe peculiars do exist! We can't know for sure!

So yeah, if you haven't read the first book don't jump into this one, you'll be totally lost. But if you have and liked the first one, absolutely read this!

I say it's an 8/10, as long as you're into YA novels.


Oh, also, at the end Riggs left it VERY open for another book. So keep your eyes peeled!

No comments:

Post a Comment