Tuesday, 1 July 2014

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I heard the Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds show was sold out months ago. But guess what. They added another night. And I bought a single ticket for myself. And I'm taking a big boat and I am staying with awesome friends and meeting up with other awesome friends in a big city that's not Victoria and I'm going to be in row 15 all by myself and I can't wait!!!

Someone posted this from a show in Quebec, in case you're wondering what a Nick Cave show is like. Of course you can't get the ... feelings ... you would if you were there seeing it live. (watch from like 8 minutes to 11, just incredible, or 1:18:00 is Stagger Lee, one of their most famous songs) He's like a street preacher/lounge singer/charismatic wizard. Basically it's magical, the best show I have ever seen in my life. I saw him last year with my dad and then months later came to the same theater to see another band, I ended up daydreaming back to the Nick Cave show during most of the first act. That's how good it was.

So I am unbelievably stoked to be able to see him again so soon. He's my very favorite singer. His music is so layered and amazing, and the lyrics are super clever and dark. If you don't know his stuff get on board already, you wiener! I think the album Dig Lazarus Dig might be the most accessible, if you need a good starting point start there.



No comments:

Post a Comment