Ryan: What are you working on?
Me: Uh ... (typing) ... one sec.
Ryan: Are you making one of those ... blog collage things?
Me: Blog collage?
Ryan: I don't know what they're called!
Me: No, yeah, they're called "blog collage" now!
- Wombats poop squares. Really! (videos)
- This elephant is having way too much fun with this giant elastic ribbon. (gif)
- Jeromey McCulloch's 100 backpiece paintings. (photos/blog)
- Meet the 23 year old making the NYT crossword puzzle cool. (article)
- Joseph Gordon Levitt is a feminist. (article)
- I'll be the first to admit I just don't *get* burning man*. But I can appreciate the artistic value of these pieces. (photos)
- 25 perfectly timed dog pictures. (photos)
- If I ever go to San Francisco again I am going here. (photos/blog post)
- Remembering Michael Brody. (blog post)
- Going back to school: the 1970s vs today. (article)
- Behind Madame Claude's doors. The story of a high-end French madam. (article)
- This t-shirt tells the truth. (shopping)
- A woman wears a hidden camera to show how often she gets street harassed. (video)
- Rich people exercise, poor people take diet pills. (article)
- Photos of old Shanghai. Whoa. (photos)
- 5 plot holes you never noticed in Friends even if you're the biggest fan. (list)
- 17 signs that you'd qualify as a witch in 1692. (list)
The more I look at this photo the more incredible it is. This is Roland the sea elephant (aka elephant seal) getting snow put on his tummy in the Berlin zoo in the 1920s. He lived until the '60s and when I was looking up elephant seals I found that he was actually kind of a small one, males generally grow up to 18 feet long. See more old zoo pictures on The Elephant Gate.