Monday, 11 August 2014

Reading in 2014 - book 25 - Quiet by Susan Cain


This book came highly recommended by the internet. And how could I resist, with that tagline? The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking. Yes! 

I identify strongly as an introvert and was excited when I started reading this book. It's very well researched. It's passionately written and argues for everything I already know about myself. I felt validated, reading this. I enjoyed the writing style. It's a good book.

Buuuuuut I quit it before I was finished. I started to feel like "I get it already." I don't know if it's because I've done a ton of research on my own about introverts vs. extroverts or what, but nothing was completely revolutionary. I think this book would be an amazing discovery if you didn't know anything about this school of thought though. 

I give it 8.5/10, because it's not Cain's fault I have a short attention span. Give it a read, it's worth your time.

No comments:

Post a Comment