Thursday, 4 September 2014

Good morning!!



5am is not getting any easier for me, even when I go to bed at 9 at night. Something about getting up before the sun just feels weird. Luckily the first 2-3 hours of my day don't involve talking to anybody but the dog and maybe saying hi to a bus driver.

Can you believe it takes me 2 hours to get to work in the morning and 2 hours to get home?

It doesn't feel ridiculous to me, but that's only because I've desensitized myself to long bus rides over the years, gradually adding more and more time. I get a lot of podcast-listening done, that's for sure. Surprisingly though, I don't usually read. I'm overly paranoid about missing my stop and I find I usually can't get into a book very well because I'm too busy glancing out the bus windows every thirty seconds.

I'm really good at riding the bus.

One difference I've noticed between the 6am crowd and the 8:30 crowd is the earlier in the day it is, the more middle aged ladies are wearing too much perfume. It's a fact.


---
Segue:

My entire paycheck EVERY week for the next two months of working 7 days a week is going toward the dog's vet bills.

It fucking sucks.
---


Tank went to the vet yesterday for a check-up and what we hoped would be a clean bill of health.

Nope.

He's still got an ear infection. What is up with fricking bulldogs and their stupid ears, seriously?

But that's not the bad news. He is still really hurt. The vet poked him on the side of the neck and he screamed that horrible dog scream you never want to hear in your life.

He's got all kinds of pressure built up around his spinal cord. One wrong move and he could be paralyzed. How scary is that?

We have him back on anti-inflammatories and strict instructions for him to take it easy. Absolutely no playing, no walks, no shaking his head, no quick movements ...

... try telling that to a restless dog.

Give a dog drops in his ears and then try and make him not shake his head. Cringe every time he does it. Try and stop him from jumping onto the couch he's been using as a bed for the past five years. Cringe when he decides to jump down.



Ah, I love this guy.




No comments:

Post a Comment