Thursday, 11 September 2014

Reading in 2014 - Book 27 - One More Thing by BJ Novak




So this book was written by BJ Novak. Yes, that BJ Novak. 
Ryan from The Office.




I hate to admit it but I was not expecting much. I knew nothing of this book before I started and thought it was going to be just another semi-funny celebrity autobiography like Mindy Kaling's book Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me?

No.


It is amazing. It's a smart fiction book, a collection of short stories that made me think. A lot.

So much so that after each story I thought to myself how a person could teach an entire literature class just using this book. You could have someone write a paper on each and every story. There's morals, lessons and humor. There are subtle call-backs to previous stories in the later ones.

Absolutely read it, it's great. 9.5/10


No comments:

Post a Comment