Friday, 10 October 2014

How many tattoos do you have? Part seventeen - impossible fork


 This is one of many optical illusion tattoos I've gotten over the years. My left arm has a bunch of them. I'm not going to say who did this tattoo originally because honestly ... yuck. It didn't look good healed. This is what it looked like right after it was finished.


It's hard to tell in this photo but it didn't look great. The circles at the end were very uneven and not connected properly to the rest. Some of the lines were wobbly. Some of them didn't connect to the others. All in all, meh.

After it healed and the person who did this tattoo moved on so I'd never have to see them again, my boss Gerry fixed it up for me. He added shading and re-lined it with a much thicker line, and yeah, it's so much nicer.

So this is the closest thing I've got to a cover up. I guess you'd call it a re-do, not really a cover up. Whatever. So now it looks like this.

Much better.

So that's the story of the only tattoo I have ever gotten that I was unhappy with because the artist didn't do a good job. I've seen so many garbage tattoos out there in the world and am so fortunate to know only good tattoo artists.

Have you ever gotten a tattoo you weren't happy with? Tell me about it in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment