Tuesday, 14 October 2014

just try it yourself

The other day I came up with what I think is a hilarious mash-up between The Simpsons and Wayne's World. And my first thought was that I should tell someone at Tattoo Zoo about it so they could draw it. Because that's how I've trained myself to think. They are artists, I am someone with good ideas sometimes.

But then I had yesterday off for Thanksgiving. (Yes, it's earlier in Canada, deal with it.) And I had a pencil and a sketchbook and a horrible romcom on Netflix and I was like "I'm just going to try it and see what happens".

So




Obviously I am no Van Gogh but I got the basic premise sketched out. This was one of the first times I've tried just looking at a couple photos and sketching with a pencil. And I have to say, it was fun. I was cracking up at Mr. Burns, because you can tell it's him and you can tell what I was going for but it's such a bad rendering that it's hilarious.

Smithers, on the other hand, he looks Smithers-y in that sketch but the moment I tried to Garth-ify him I ruined everything. And no you can't see. To be fair to me he still looks like a Simpsons character but more professor Frink in a bad wig than Smithers. So I think I'm going to try again. But here's Mr. Burns/Wayne with some color and a Pepsi and a guitar.

hahaha

It was fun and that's all that matters. 

So that's the story of how I tried something and it went pretty well. I will definitely be doing more stuff like this in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment