Wednesday, 10 December 2014

Reading in 2014 - Book 33 - Interview With The Vampire by Anne Rice


Yeah. I did.

You know, the story was pretty good, especially because this was before the vampire mania that has infused our culture over the past ten years or so. And if nothing else this book made me want to watch the movie again because I was trying to picture Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise and Kirsten Dunst the entire time.

Buuuuuut I just couldn't appreciate the victorian feel to the writing style. It felt a bit slow. The gory bits made up for it, definitely. And there were some homoerotic undertones which, you know, spiced things up a bit...but then the grown-ass man vampire called the kid vampire his lover a few times and I was like "what" so. I don't know. I really don't know.

I'm going to give this one a 6.5/10 as far as how much I'd recommend you read it, but an 8/10 for the forward thinking-ness of the author at the time it was written.

---

I'm only on book 33? I'm totally not going to hit my 50 book goal this year. Shit.

No comments:

Post a Comment