Friday, 30 January 2015

How many tattoos do you have? Part thirty three - the bag rooster

I'm going to be late for work, and ran out of scheduled Friday tattoo posts so here's a very shitty picture of my rooster tattoo, one of the first pictures I posted on instagram ever.

The rooster was taken straight from a bag I bought in a Mexico City market. It's super folky looking and cool. The bag reminds me of the day I went to Casa Azul (Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera house). After touring around there we hit a huge market (where I was very popular because of my dreadlocks...there were a ton of Rastafarian Mexicans there for some reason?) and I bought this bag from a couple of really cool university students.

The entire experience was great, and the bag was my only souvenir from that day, other than a couple matchbooks and a compact mirror I bought with Frida's face on it.

And so yeah. I got this tattoo.

It wasn't terribly painful but I felt bad the entire time because I know I have the super hard to tattoo body type, wide hips small waist. Plus all the dudes I work with were around and one of them kept teasing me because he could see my butt and I got embarrassed.

Anyway yup, little folky rooster.

That's the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment