Friday, 9 January 2015

How many tattoos do you have? Part thirty - optical illusion skull/people


This isn't the best photo of it but you get the idea.

I got this tattoo from Rob Hoskins (who is KILLING it on instagram lately) at the Calgary Tattoo Convention one year. I can't even remember how the heck I set this up or found out who he was. I think it was through email, it must have been because he was from England. Now he lives in Canada, actually pretty close to where I grew up, which is funny.

Anyway I was staying at my friend's place and walked to the convention and got tattooed. Rob was REALLY fun to get tattooed by. He is seriously hilarious. I was pretty much laughing the entire time. I think this took around 3 or 4 hours in total. It's not huge but there are a lot of fine details in there.

He was pleased with this thing when it was done and wanted to enter it in a "best tattoo of the day" contest but I just wanted to leave. After being tattooed for 4 hours I didn't want to wait around a boring convention for hours. Not to mention my ex boyfriend MCs the convention every year, and though it's always nice to see him it's also, you know, ex boyfriend. So yeah. I never entered it in the contest. Too bad, I could have gotten an award, lol.

This tattoo is the biggest crowd-pleaser I have. People go nuts for this thing. (And it looks even nicer with the elbow flowers Caroline put under it recently!)

Here's a picture of me getting it. Look at my HAIR! So good! That was when my white girl dreadlocks were finally getting some shape to them, after a couple years.


No comments:

Post a Comment