Saturday, 7 February 2015

Reading in 2015 - Book 2 - I Am Ozzy by Ozzy Osbourne



I thought I'd try something that wasn't cute teen fiction and boy howdy was this not cute. Written in first person, seemingly transcribed straight as Ozzy would have been talking, this book was a fascinating read.

It took me a long time to read this book because I definitely had to be in the right mood. The theme throughout the entire book is how Ozzy fucked up everything because of drugs and alcohol. Some of the stories are funny, some are tragic, but they're all tinged with a depressing "what might have been".
 
Some of the shit in this book was mind blowing. I won't ruin the story but the one where he wakes up on a crashed bus in the middle of a field?? Sooooo fucked up. And the sheer quantities of drugs consumed...seriously how is this man still alive?

Anyway, I have no idea even how to rate this book. If you're a Black Sabbath fan you actually might be disappointed with what he has to say about that time. If you're an Ozzy fan in general you might find this super interesting and even funny.

I was somewhere in the middle, so I'll give it a 6/10

No comments:

Post a Comment