Friday, 5 June 2015

How many tattoos do you have? Part forty - bunny ears skeleton/reaper

How have I not written about my new tattoo yet? Jeez! I'm slacking! I got this on Saturday from the one and only Eckel. It is GORGEOUS.

I showed the ladies I work with at the bookstore a photo and they said it was "beautiful". Not what you'd expect proper ladies to say of a skeleton tattoo!

Eckel has been doing guest spots at Tattoo Zoo on the last weekend of every month, so last month he let me flip through a sketchbook he had and the second I saw this image I was like I MUST HAVE THIS TATTOO. And that was that, basically. He texted me an appointment time and I showed up and voila. 

I only have like 2 minutes before I have to get ready to go to work so here's the instagram photo I posted of it on Sunday.





Not the best photo, because I took it myself by holding my phone behind my butt and hoping for the best. Also, as you can see, it was a bit swollen and leaky.

In my experience, back of the thigh tattoos are disgusting for two days straight. You have to basically do nothing and be constantly vigilant, washing it way more often than any other tattoos. Maybe it's just my body but I find a lot more plasma seeps out of that skin for some reason. You don't want to wear anything that'll stick to the fresh tattoo, but you also don't want it to touch anything because it could get infected.

Luckily I had Sunday off so I could carefully go around in shorts, sitting super awkwardly and constantly pushing the dog away from my leg. Of course he was very interested in smelling it. Dogs are gross.

ANYWAY I did a good job and it's healing according to schedule. I just had a good peel session in the shower yesterday (if you've had tattoos before you know what I'm talking about, and if you haven't ... never mind) and everything looks great.


Ok I'm probably already late for work so this is the end of this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment