Saturday, 23 January 2016

Not this time.

Wow ok so I was really fucking depressed the last couple weeks. It's weird, I only know it because my general ...me...is getting better and I can look into the past and see it. I didn't know when I was there.

Depressed me started a couple projects in school that I have to finish now.  I wrote a pretty gritty story to hand in for an editing class. It wasn't even for a creative writing class, I was just feeling like "YOU WANT A  STORY? I'LL TELL YOU A STORY."

I am writing a comic about when my brother died and making a self-portrait sculpture (does that have a name? can you google it for me, I don't want to) of me with a sad face. It's ... well I was going to say it's "funny" but not like funny ha-ha, more like funny interesting. It's funny (interesting) that I was so obviously, yet completely unintentionally, putting all my down-ness into everything I was making. Check out this self-portrait I posted on instagram.


Come on. Could I BE any more cliche? (Said in Chandler Bing cadence.)

I am using that character of me in my comic. When I went for approval of my pencils my instructor said basically I'm not allowed to just put that me into it because that's only one part of the whole, and I have to show a better part of me too. He called that image "monolithic". Glad he said all that, I think that may have been the thing that threw me back into an upward trajectory.

---

Outside of that I have been keeping up with my "draw something every day" dealy. Here are some I've done recently.


I'm allowing myself to post unfinished things for this challenge because fuck it, I'm not a machine. I am REALLY into Faber Castell super duper teeny tiny fine pens right now. My hands and eyes beg to differ.

Those giant mandalas sure are crowd-pleasers. I think I'm going to do one on 11x17 paper and use it in my final project, and maybe make prints too.

---

This blog really has turned into a "look what I drew"/mental health check-in space. Sorry about that, I wish I was more interesting. Let me see, let me see.

What else can I talk about?

Pop culture? Well ok.

NETFLIX:I watched the first 2 episodes of Making a Murderer and didn't like it. So there's that. What I do like on Netflix right now is F is for Family and the Mike Tyson Mysteries. Both are cartoons, and both are pretty weird. Especially the Mike Tyson ones, but they're both great. And I'm on my second round of watching every single Friends episode. Hence the Chandler reference earlier.

PODCASTS: I'm still listening to the Pete Holmes podcast You Made it Weird literally every day. I'm starting to run out of episodes...I need a new one to get into. I think I will give WTF another shot, I wasn't sure about Marc Maron but everyone always says he's the king so maybe I'm missing something there.

BOOKS: I'm reading Orange is the New Black. The show is better. I started reading The Martian (Ryan got the book for me for Christmas) but then I watched the movie when I was halfway through the book and...stopped reading it. Yeah. Cool story, me.

CRAVE TV: I just signed up for Crave TV so I'm probably going on a Seinfeld/South Park binge in the near future.

MUSIC: I've been basically repeating the song The Wretched Tide by Draconian over and over for weeks now. I got the new Ghost album but don't like it very much yet. I'm trying. Other than that it's the same old Graveyard and Nick Cave over and over. If we still used cassette tapes these would be worn right out.

---

I want a hair cut so bad, but I am not willing to make an appointment to do it, so this is what I look like right now.





The end.

No comments:

Post a Comment