Friday, 29 January 2016

writing for the sake of writing

Over the last few weeks I've had some assignments that included writing and it made me remember how much I love it. I LOVE writing. I'm one of those weirdos.

A bunch of people in my comic book program have staunchly announced how much they hate it and I can't understand how they like making comic books but hate writing stories. Actually I can't understand how anybody can hate writing stories.

I should write stories.

Yeah.

One of our assignments that was due on Monday was a monologue. I started mine with no idea what to say and googling "how to write a monologue". Alll the websites said the first step was have a hook. So I started with "You don't understand, I didn't do anything!" and ended up with a flirty office idiot lady who accidentally burned down the office by forgetting to put water in the coffee pot. The monologue is her talking to the police. I have no idea where that came from ... is my subconscious trying to tell me something?

The worst thing about writing a monologue is the FORMATTING. It could be that I don't understand Microsoft Word as well as I thought I did but damn, getting all the headers and margins correct was a huge pain.

Guess I don't have much time until school's out to bring out my inner writer again, but when I do she's gonna be so happy!




No comments:

Post a Comment